2021 NFL News Thread

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Ranking the 49 possible SB matchups. According to yahoo

https://sports.yahoo.com/ranking-the-49-possible-super-bowl-matchups-205337777.html

3. Chiefs vs. Packers: A rematch of Super Bowl I, and quite possibly the best pound-for-pound matchup in this entire season. Mahomes vs. Rodgers? Come on, it doesn’t get any better on the field than that.

2. Chiefs vs. Cowboys: The game’s brightest star against the league’s best-known team? This is the kind of matchup that plays well all over the country … and the world, for that matter.

1. Patriots vs. Bucs: Yep. You knew it was going to be this one. Pats-Bucs won’t be the best on-field matchup, but the drama surrounding a Brady-Belichick rematch would be visible from space.

Reactions: handoverfist

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
And for yawners

49. Raiders vs. 49ers: Two former Bay Area colleagues reuniting would be about as much fun as watching two high school friends get together after 20 years and realize in 10 minutes they have nothing in common anymore.

48. Steelers vs. Eagles: Sure, Pennsylvania would love to choose up sides in this family squabble, but the Battle of I-76 doesn’t exactly light up the rest of the country.

47. Titans vs. 49ers: This would be a Super Bowl you watch for the commercials.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
When the guy you brought in to win the "Fight For LA", can't cut it as the OC for the Detroit Lions!!

I joked that Lynn was better than Staley but Lynn truly is horrible as a coach, he has no business running an offense and running a team for that matter - remember when he said Herbert is “second string for a reason”. ? Didn’t even realize what he had. I will say Lynn is a pretty good leader of men but that’s not enough. Probably best suited as a RB coach.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I joked that Lynn was better than Staley but Lynn truly is horrible as a coach, he has no business running an offense and running a team for that matter - remember when he said Herbert is “second string for a reason”. ? Didn’t even realize what he had. I will say Lynn is a pretty good leader of men but that’s not enough. Probably best suited as a RB coach.
he Did a better job then Dumb fuck Stayley. Even Lynn is not dumb enough to call that timeout and go for it on his own 18.

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
What I hear all you fans are asking is....can we have inter Conference playoffs
so I can see
Cinny vs Buffalo or TB vs Packers in the Super Bowl...so your favorite team and betting fervor
can go even higher......we'll listen. This way you can have “your” local team, eg. Bills,
in the playoffs, and your “best” team in the Super Bowl....plus Philly vs. Raiders at first round sound more even to you and you bet more. Also allows our new International teams to slide into the Tournament. We"ll consider it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
And for yawners

49. Raiders vs. 49ers: Two former Bay Area colleagues reuniting would be about as much fun as watching two high school friends get together after 20 years and realize in 10 minutes they have nothing in common anymore.

48. Steelers vs. Eagles: Sure, Pennsylvania would love to choose up sides in this family squabble, but the Battle of I-76 doesn’t exactly light up the rest of the country.

47. Titans vs. 49ers: This would be a Super Bowl you watch for the commercials.
50.1.1 LAC CHARGERS v. LAC CHARGERS
Defense vs. Offense. Players can switch sides. Special teams rotate
as needed. Vax vs. Unvaxxed teams within the 20 yard line. Fourth downs
must involve a punt if TV network wants more advertising time.
Most entertaining Super Bowl ever.
LAC could finally win a SB. But a Tie game is possible and that would be semi-interesting.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
50.1.1 LAC CHARGERS v. LAC CHARGERS
Defense vs. Offense. Players can switch sides. Special teams rotate
as needed. Vax vs. Unvaxxed teams within the 20 yard line. Fourth downs
must involve a punt if TV network wants more advertising time.
Most entertaining Super Bowl ever.
LAC could finally win a SB. But a Tie game is possible and that would be semi-interesting.
i would pay to see that.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Looks like the Rams are having their own troubles filling SoFi with LA Rams fans...The only difference is that with the Rams, it's actually NEWS!

Truly embarrassing. If the league was determined to get to LA they totally let money bags kinky and jrrah dictate the stategy. No way that woulda happened with LA Raider fans

Reactions: Fender57

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Truly embarrassing. If the league was determined to get to LA they totally let money bags kinky and jrrah dictate the stategy. No way that woulda happened with LA Raider fans
With the 2022-23 NFL season,
welcome the New California Chargers! (excluding areas of San Francisco County, Alameda County Oakland , Greater Los Angeles County, San Diego County, and maybe Orange County.)

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
With the 2022-23 NFL season,
welcome the New California Chargers! (excluding areas of San Francisco County, Alameda County Oakland , Greater Los Angeles County, San Diego County, and maybe Orange County.
ha ha, FIGHT FOR RED BLUFF!!!!!!! Last Stand at Red Bluff.......Dean Custer

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Bryon leftwhich
Eric bienemy
Brian flores

better have head coaching jobs.

getting tired of watching shitty coaches getting hired and fired.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Wow. Weddle? Rams lost safety Jordan Fuller vs Niners on Sunday. They are pretty desperate. Weddle hadn't played since retiring after 2019! Should be interesting. I would love it if he'd kept his beard growing ever since back when.......ZZTop. I think Rams are dealing with multiple injuries. I'd picked them as a favorite but I don't think they can overcome all they are dealing with. They have weaknesses now on both sides of the line and at LB and now S (although I love Weddle too lol). They are gonna have to catch some breaks as far as matchups to survive. I was surprised they had so much trouble with stopping the run against Titans and Niners. Plus most of SoFi was filled with Niner fans....it was like an away game for the Rams. That is chug type stuff......Stan Kinky has to figure out what's wrong with the marketing...cannot allow the other team's fans to fill the stadium if they expect to win in playoffs. WTH....I can undersand the Spenises...everyone hates them. But the Rams?????? COME ON Now. At least get 50% of the stadium filled with your fans.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Wow. Weddle? Rams lost safety Jordan Fuller vs Niners on Sunday. They are pretty desperate. Weddle hadn't played since retiring after 2019! Should be interesting. I would love it if he'd kept his beard growing ever since back when.......ZZTop. I think Rams are dealing with multiple injuries. I'd picked them as a favorite but I don't think they can overcome all they are dealing with. They have weaknesses now on both sides of the line and at LB and now S (although I love Weddle too lol). They are gonna have to catch some breaks as far as matchups to survive. I was surprised they had so much trouble with stopping the run against Titans and Niners. Plus most of SoFi was filled with Niner fans....it was like an away game for the Rams. That is chug type stuff......Stan Kinky has to figure out what's wrong with the marketing...cannot allow the other team's fans to fill the stadium if they expect to win in playoffs. WTH....I can undersand the Spenises...everyone hates them. But the Rams?????? COME ON Now. At least get 50% of the stadium filled with your fans.
There are less and less hometowns in the NFL. Esp. in places like LA, Vegas, everywhere.
People sell their tickets to the highest bidder. It's a fantasy streaming betting game now.
You want ur hometown to win...but you want, like NFL, the (potential) cash more.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
There are less and less hometowns in the NFL. Esp. in places like LA, Vegas, everywhere.
People sell their tickets to the highest bidder. It's a fantasy streaming betting game now.
You want ur hometown to win...but you want, like NFL, the (potential) cash more.
What about the "highest bidders"?? Don't they have a hometown?
I guess they want their hometown to win a little more than you like your cash!

• Haha

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
LA was doing just fine before the NFL decided LA needed two teams, they enjoyed watching the game of the week and I don’t think there were enough Rams fans left in LA. If they wanted a team back in LA clearly it should’ve been the Raiders.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Thanks for posting...one of my favorite Peter Sellers movies....My favorite of course, The Party!....Don't think they can make that movie today!!

I was thinking today, been listening on Audible all the Agatha Christie Hercule Pirot stories, that perhaps Pink Panther Inspector Clouseau was a parody to that famous detective....
And folks were way ahead of me....

Blake Edwards, the director and co-writer of the Pink Panther movies, reportedly based his Inspector Clouseau on Hercule Poirot.