2021 NFL News Thread

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Okay, NFL just stop this nonsense.

A player who set a team record 14 games holds the franchise record vs the player who did more in 16 games or the player that did more in 17 games. Not the same
damn record. If new player of 17 game season beats player of 14 game season's record at game #14, fine. But this media wave of "franchise records"
is totally bogus.

On the first play of Cincinnati’s second drive, quarterback Brandon Allen tossed a short pass to Chase on the right side, and Chase darted up the field for a 24-yard gain. That gave Chase 26 yards on the day and 1,455 on the season for the franchise record.
Chad Johnson was the previous record-holder with 1,440 yards in 2007

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Now we're talking!! Nice post!!

I agree with you on the NFCCG matchup. It's hard for me to see anyone else -DAL, ARZ, or TB- upset that applecart. So while we can expect the Rams front line to become a force to reckon with in the playoffs, let's not forget that the Pack get my boy David Bakhtiari back today, and you give Aaron Rodgers that extra 0.3 seconds a dropback and it could be all over!!!

Also on the AFC side, the Bills were my SB pick at the beginning of the season, and I'm going to stick with them. They're going to need Emanuel Sanders, and/or Gabriel Davis to step up in the playoffs for them to get past the big boys in TEN and KC.

Hey, you guys up for a Playoff Survivor Pool??
No doubt that Green Bay is the team to beat.
Rodgers is the best player in football.

the most complete team in the afc is Cincinnati. Their youth might be their downfall.

Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Id say four teams in each conf will be the final 4 with gb, sf, tb, lar in nfc and tn, kc, cin, ne in afc. Nfc champ sf at gb, afc champ cin at th. Sb. Gb vs tn. Please anyone but sf. This could be a trent dilfer nfl champion, TN is gonna win with the run and great d.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
It's amazing that this morning Brandon Staley's job is secure, and Rich Bisaccia is still an "interim" Head Coach. That Timeout is the most outrageous thing I have EVER seen in a football game!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
It's amazing that this morning Brandon Staley's job is secure, and Rich Bisaccia is still an "interim" Head Coach. That Timeout is the most outrageous thing I have EVER seen in a football game!

Rex Ryan agrees.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Id say four teams in each conf will be the final 4 with gb, sf, tb, lar in nfc and tn, kc, cin, ne in afc. Nfc champ sf at gb, afc champ cin at th. Sb. Gb vs tn. Please anyone but sf. This could be a trent dilfer nfl champion, TN is gonna win with the run and great d.
What? No love for my Bills??
Once the LAC came back in the 4th Q and the Raiders looked like they were content to play for a tie, I was actually thinking of going down for a Bills-Chargers showdown at Orchard Park! Thank God Staley called that timeout, and saved me from having to make that decision!! I've been there many times, but never as a Bills fan!!

I see the NFCCG with LAR @ GB, and AFCCG...BUF @ TEN
It's a long shot, but I'm going with LAR and BUF in the SB...IF that happens, from a gambling perspective, I'm fine with either one winning....but I'll be pulling hard for the BILLS!!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I wouldn’t call that a robbery. More like bungling a heist and the other gang took it from you.
I did find it interesting that the win didn't cost the Jaguars the No.1 pick, since the Lions beat the Packers!!

This weekend stunk...from beginning to end...there is no other way to put it!!

I'm just happy that the LAC are out of the playoffs...it's a better place without them!!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Once the LAC came back in the 4th Q and the Raiders looked like they were content to play for a tie, I was actually thinking of going down for a Bills-Chargers showdown at Orchard Park! Thank God Staley called that timeout, and saved me from having to make that decision!! I've been there many times, but never as a Bills fan!!

It's a long shot, but I'm going with LAR and BUF in the SB...IF that happens, from a gambling perspective, I'm fine with either one winning....but I'll be pulling hard for the BILLS!!
You're going to have to deal with the networks and the NFL itself to keep Tom Brady from winning
It all. If it is GB versus TB in the Championship game, you can put on your Gronk T shirt and get the Rodgers rate on your insurance. Have 17 games taught us nothing?

FF6536CB-219C-442C-B934-462D31278F8A.jpeg

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

Honestly, after watching the Rams D agains first the Titans and then the Niners yesterday....I have serious doubts they survive to win the SB....if they have to meet the Niners they lose (McYay! has lost 6 straight to them and they could not stop the run yesterday again) . I think what happened to them is in order to sign Stafford (they had goff still at a decent salary) they had to let go key players on the D at LB especially and also they are minus a first stringer D lineman and Gaines took his place. Not good. As for the Bills, yeah maybe, I'll be pulling for them! It seems they were not winning some games they should have rolled but admit I did not watch them just saw the end result in the scoreboard. Am sure you know them very well. They play Bellichek first??? If they manage to win that one handily I'd give them a good shot at upsetting some teams. KC overrated I think. If Henry goes off with TN I can't see teams beating them. I'd say if the Bills manage to get to the SB they would play either GB or SF. I'm pretty down on LAR after watching them against both TN and SF. And it's not just the D either. Stafford has issues with consistency. One game looks unbeatable and another not so much. I'd love it though if the Rams make it just to rub it in Deano's face LOLOLOL.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
who does the nfl want. Who makes the most tv revenue and generates the most betting revenue. That’s who I like.

i want the Bills and Cinny for the SB. Suck it nfl
good point. TB vs NE would be a huge draw obviously. The league needs LA to get involved more so LAR in that regard. Aaron Rodgers vs. Mike McCarthy ( oh wait both NFC lol) but that would be great.....just have a MMA arena and let them fight it out. All others except maybe SF (Silicon Valley's Team) would probably not be big money makers. I guess Jimmy G against Bellicheck would be a draw. And yes, SUCK IT NFL. I agree I want some new blood in the SB...Cincy and Bills are those teams....maybe TN too. Raiders would be great just to rub it in Deano's face again lolololol. LA loves the Raiders. How bout Raiders vs. Rams and the entire SoFi in black???? lmao

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
LA vs LV
TB vs KC
TB vs NE
oh man TB vs KC again would be a total yawner for me....but I can see why they'd want a rematch for the hype. Same result IMO.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Cowboys vs packers
Cincy vs kc

book It.
Cowboys????? You think they are gonna beat the Niners? The others I can see but that one no. But I HOPE you are right. Would LOVE it if the Cowboys beat the Niners. But McCarthy against Rodgers would be so classic LOLOLOL. Can you imagine if Jerrah made it to the SB at SoFi????LMAO That would completely ruin it for me, just seeing him might be worse than the halftime show LOL

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Cowboys????? You think they are gonna beat the Niners? The others I can see but that one no. But I HOPE you are right. Would LOVE it if the Cowboys beat the Niners. But McCarthy against Rodgers would be so classic LOLOLOL. Can you imagine if Jerrah made it to the SB at SoFi????LMAO That would completely ruin it for me, just seeing him might be worse than the halftime show LOL
yes I do. The cowboys are fucking loaded and healthy.