2021 NFL game day thread

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Just another game to add to the list where the chargers failed in glorious fashion in a must win game.
I bet the Chuggers have pictures of the Washington Generals in their lockers.

Here’s to those who love not wisely
No, not wisely but too well …
To the girl who sighs with envy
When she hears that wedding bell …
To the guy who’d throw a party
If he knew someone to call …
Here’s to the losers! Bless ’em all
— Frank Sinatra

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Anyone thinking with Houston trying to get Brian Flores interviewed for HC,
a big trade with Miami is planned? Tua and some no. 1s for Watson to go to the Dolphins.
Dolphin owner Ross likes Watson. Jim Harbaugh, pursued by Ross before and denied and denied currently, will be the new Dolphins' HC.

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Anyone thinking with Houston trying to get Brian Flores interviewed for HC,
a big trade with Miami is planned? Tua and some no. 1s for Watson to go to the Dolphins.
Dolphin owner Ross likes Watson. Jim Harbaugh, pursued by Ross before and denied and denied currently, will be the new Dolphins' HC.
I was thinking there might be some huge moves this offseason that will cause seismic shifts in the hierarchy of the league.
The resolution of Deshaun Watson drama, and where he ends up will create a ripple, but there will be a tsunami if Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers switch teams as well.
I didn't think the mid-season hype surrounding the Tua for Watson deal between MIA and HOU had legs. But now that the season is over, I can see something happening with these two...as you said, Ross likes Watson; and firing Flores could've been the first move in trying to get him in MIA. Watson's original gripe with the HOU organization was their refusal to bring Eric Bieniemy in as HC...If Ross hires Bieniemy, that's where Watson will end up. Conversely, if they go with Bills' OC Brian Daboll, it would signal their intention to stay with Tua...since Daboll was Tua's OC in Bama.

I've been thinking about possible landing spots for Rodgers and Wilson. I'm not making predictions here, but this is what would make sense to me:

Wilson should go to New Orleans. The Saints need a QB, because Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill are not the answer. The key here is the presence of the "QB Whisperer", Sean Payton. Payton can basically do everything he was doing with Brees at QB with Wilson back there...and what he was doing was competing for/winning SBs and setting passing records. Another option for the Saints could be Baker Mayfield.

Aaron Rodgers was rumored to be going to Denver last year. I'd like to see him end up in San Fran! He's a California boy and Shanahan's offense in SF is just begging for a top notch QB to take the next step. I know the 49'ers and Shanahan are not popular here, but I've been really impressed with the way SF plays football. It seems like every year they get decimated by injuries, yet somehow still manage to remain respectable. They play a very physical style of football, yet they're very creative on the offensive side of the ball. Rodgers would absolutely thrive in that offense.

I can also see a three way deal, where Tua goes to Cleveland, Mayfield -a Texas boy- goes to Houston , and Watson to Miami.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I was thinking there might be some huge moves this offseason that will cause seismic shifts in the hierarchy of the league.
The resolution of Deshaun Watson drama, and where he ends up will create a ripple, but there will be a tsunami if Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers switch teams as well.
I didn't think the mid-season hype surrounding the Tua for Watson deal between MIA and HOU had legs. But now that the season is over, I can see something happening with these two...as you said, Ross likes Watson; and firing Flores could've been the first move in trying to get him in MIA. Watson's original gripe with the HOU organization was their refusal to bring Eric Bieniemy in as HC...If Ross hires Bieniemy, that's where Watson will end up.

I've been thinking about possible landing spots for Rodgers and Wilson. I'm not making predictions here, but this is what would make sense to me:

Wilson should go to New Orleans. The Saints need a QB, because Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill are not the answer. The key here is the presence of the "QB Whisperer", Sean Payton. Payton can basically do everything he was doing with Brees at QB with Wilson back there...and what he was doing was competing for/winning SBs and setting passing records. Another option for the Saints could be Baker Mayfield.

Aaron Rodgers was rumored to be going to Denver last year. I'd like to see him end up in San Fran! He's a California boy and Shanahan's offense in SF is just begging for a top notch QB to take the next step. I know the 49'ers and Shanahan are not popular here, but I've been really impressed with the way SF plays football. It seems like every year they get decimated by injuries, yet somehow still manage to remain respectable. They play a very physical style of football, yet they're very creative on the offensive side of the ball. Rodgers would absolutely thrive in that offense.

I can also see a three way deal, where Tua goes to Cleveland, Mayfield -a Texas boy- goes to Houston , and Watson to Miami.
You're making too much sense again. ;). Great analysis.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Thanks Harry...it's probably because I'm smoking too much Sensi!!

Games today...You watching??
I see now...two today, two tomorrow, then Sunday, then Monday. Lovely.

Good Lord, are they now calling all this...Super Wildcard Weekend?

Sounds like the Pope is giving Mass down at Holy Trinity Church.

• Haha
Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I always love the postseason, it's fun to watch ex chug players shine and get to continue to play while dean sits on his ass at home

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
btw I continued to be a fan of Denzel Perryman even when he was stuck with dean in LA....he was always giving shout outs to SD fans. I'm sure dean didn't like it. Same went for Melvin Gordon. fudean.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Raiders apparently made it very close and just fell short at the end on a 4th and goal. Too bad. I'm becoming a Raiders fan. (along with 30 other teams LOL)

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
  • Angry
Reactions: Gill Man

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
So far, the Patriots' run defense looks like the Deanos' run defense. They're getting gashed.

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
Here come the refs to bail out the Patriots with a bullshit PI call on a ball that wasn't even close to being catchable. :rolleyes:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Damn 47-17 blowout. Bills be for real.
But....what does it mean? Another two weeks of playoffs, then a week off,
then the Super Bowl.
Imagine if only Division Winners got into the playoffs, as it should be.
Today it would have been Cinny vs. Bills. Tomorrow, Chiefs vs the Titans.
Exciting, meaningful winners, potential for real shockers. Quality teams.
On Monday, half the fans might be talking Bills....the other half the Chiefs.

About every Five years, a wild card makes the Super Bowl.
I know the wildcard spin is just a money maker and TV ratings,
and a franchise selling point of “making something.”

Not a fan, old way was exciting. This is drawn out and referee dominated.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
But....what does it mean? Another two weeks of playoffs, then a week off,
then the Super Bowl.
Imagine if only Division Winners got into the playoffs, as it should be.
Today it would have been Cinny vs. Bills. Tomorrow, Chiefs vs the Titans.
Exciting, meaningful winners, potential for real shockers. Quality teams.
On Monday, half the fans might be talking Bills....the other half the Chiefs.

About every Five years, a wild card makes the Super Bowl.
I know the wildcard spin is just a money maker and TV ratings,
and a franchise selling point of “making something.”

Not a fan, old way was exciting. This is drawn out and referee dominated.

yeah all very true. Great post. In fact maybe the league figures if the Bills win everything a stadium deal gets done. Wouldn't put it past em. I also am not a fan of this format letting so many teams into the dance...it makes it less meaningful. And there is talk they want to expand it even more. Anything for more revenue and games played. But I DID fully enjoy that the Raiders could make it in and in the process kick deano out on the street on his ass :laugh: :tup:

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
The Age of Flexible Rules. Is here.

yup. Raiders got fucked. Officiating is beyond abysmal.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It’s been a long time since I have seen the patriots look so bad. They were out manned at every position. Wow.
yeah , the real surprise for me re: that 7 TD drives and total domination is Bellichek usually prepares his D to stop the other team's offense...he seems to have done that well all year IIRC. Very unusual for a Bellichek D to fail like that. So maybe the Bills are just that good, we'll see. Patriots went on a run to get in.....were a low seed so this may not mean a hell of a lot. Again, I don't like the new format...too many teams and looks like it's only gonna get worse as the league wants all the TV revenue. Ah well, not having a home team horse in the race makes everything so unimportant. It's kinda nice not having all the angst about a hometeam though and it's DEFINITELY very satisfying seeing deanos fail every year lmao. I wish the Raiders had advanced. They were sort of the dark horse cinderella team in all this and that they did what they did with all the adversity they faced this year, I think Bisaccia deserves to be the HC next year for sure. With a few more additions and a great draft they can be the force in the AFC West. Hope they kick in the chugs teeth every year.