2021 NFL game day thread

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I actually like having no skin in the game. It frees up my sundays. I dont have to be glued to my phone or tv anymore. Its like having an extra day in the week. A free day.

I also can appreciate good games and not worry how this would affect my team.

Its also why I stopped gambling.

My enjoyment has gone way up.

For example, once the chargers were eliminated from winning a superbowl,I stopped watching football cause it would hurt too much. Now, with no “skin”, I have a whole season since I am not tied to a team emotionally.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I actually like having no skin in the game. It frees up my sundays. I dont have to be glued to my phone or tv anymore. Its like having an extra day in the week. A free day.

I also can appreciate good games and not worry how this would affect my team.

Its also why I stopped gambling.

My enjoyment has gone way up.

For example, once the chargers were eliminated from winning a superbowl,I stopped watching football cause it would hurt too much. Now, with no “skin”, I have a whole season since I am not tied to a team emotionally.
I hear you FB, I would say I'm the same way, except I didn't stop gambling!
As a Charger fan all those years, I didn't need all that extra skin, like point spreads or fantasy to keep me interested in the game. I actually hated FF when I first played it for a season at the very inception of the craze (around 2004) because I found it interfered with my interest in the Chargers...I'd be watching a Chargers game and felt guilty about feeling good about one of my FF players doing well against them!! And gambling for me was a business that took a back stage to my relationship with the Chargers...I had two simple rules...1- I never placed a bet against the Chargers...2- I wagered $100 on them to win the SB at the beginning of EVERY YEAR!

Nowadays, with the LAC becoming more and more irrelevant in my life, I've substituted the other forms of "skin" to keep my interest in the game going. And I'm not the only one...if you remember, I have a number of old friends that get together every Sunday for football and most of them are still diehard fans of teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins, or the Bills...There was a time when it was just the guys in a mancave, but slowly over the past 30 years, that has turned into a day where the wives are involved and the kids -most in their late 20's or early 30's now- are basically running the show. We all play fantasy lineups against each other and have a pool for guessing the correct exact score of every game - you'd be surprised how many direct hits we make every week!! Now, why would I want to free up a Sunday like that?!?

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I hear you FB, I would say I'm the same way, except I didn't stop gambling!
As a Charger fan all those years, I didn't need all that extra skin, like point spreads or fantasy to keep me interested in the game. I actually hated FF when I first played it for a season at the very inception of the craze (around 2004) because I found it interfered with my interest in the Chargers...I'd be watching a Chargers game and felt guilty about feeling good about one of my FF players doing well against them!! And gambling for me was a business that took a back stage to my relationship with the Chargers...I had two simple rules...1- I never placed a bet against the Chargers...2- I wagered $100 on them to win the SB at the beginning of EVERY YEAR!

Nowadays, with the LAC becoming more and more irrelevant in my life, I've substituted the other forms of "skin" to keep my interest in the game going. And I'm not the only one...if you remember, I have a number of old friends that get together every Sunday for football and most of them are still diehard fans of teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins, or the Bills...There was a time when it was just the guys in a mancave, but slowly over the past 30 years, that has turned into a day where the wives are involved and the kids -most in their late 20's or early 30's now- are basically running the show. We all play fantasy lineups against each other and have a pool for guessing the correct exact score of every game - you'd be surprised how many direct hits we make every week!! Now, why would I want to free up a Sunday like that?!?
Can't argue with that. Thousands of people every Sunday attend Church
on the gamble bet Jesus will return to QB like back in the 30's AD.

Yes, team paraphernalia is available for purchase.
Or Donation with money included.

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018

There's no gamble in that game...JC gets ALL the calls...
Some say it's because his dad started the league...
With the game on the line, when every other QB is throwing up prayers, he simply says Hi to his mom...
Yet he can't hit a crossing pattern if his life depended on it...
He regularly has 13 men in the huddle and never gets called for it...
It's rumored the he turned water in to Gatorade...

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018

Pretty funny hairy. Really. Let me know when you do a stand up.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Pretty funny hairy. Really. Let me know when you do a stand up.
I read too much, over and over again, all my George Carlin books.

I have the power to use my hands when driving. “You! Stop! Stop!
Not you...
You Go! Go! ....not you..Stop! “

“When you think of the past...is it always a little off to your left?”

Last edited:
Reactions: Faded Blues

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
There's no gamble in that game...JC gets ALL the calls...
Some say it's because his dad started the league...
With the game on the line, when every other QB is throwing up prayers, he simply says Hi to his mom...
Yet he can't hit a crossing pattern if his life depended on it...
He regularly has 13 men in the huddle and never gets called for it...
It's rumored the he turned water in to Gatorade...
You know your Football.

• Haha
Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Happy T day! Go Raiders!
Yup, Happy Thanksgiving bro, and to all here!!!!! GO RAIDERS! Not really watching but yeah they need to GO lol.

ps.....I guess GO could have many meanings. In this case WIN. Or one could say GO Deano.....in which case it would mean GO (to Hell). Or GO (Fuck Yourself) :p Or at Thanksgiving time (GO choke on the whole raw turkey neck).:D

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Last game of the season....Chuggers at Raiders Vegas.

Interesting.
The LAC have nothing to worry about...after all, as Joey Bosa put it ever so eloquently in Sept., this Carr "shuts down under pressure"...must be a lemon!!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I want a pet zebra for christmas
Zebras? They're like network censors. Concentrate: Let's maximum the cash flow.
Owners like Jones complaining about penalties? Really? How about too many commercials?
I'll watch a few more penalties for a few less, a lot less, commercials.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Zebras? They're like network censors. Concentrate: Let's maximum the cash flow.
Owners like Jones complaining about penalties? Really? How about too many commercials?
I'll watch a few more penalties for a few less, a lot less, commercials.

he calls out those teams and not the chugs???? LMAO. Goodell can suck it. Boy he must be really popular with those owners and those city's fans. What a dick. "Not optimizing the unprecedented strenght of the league??????" If that's the case then what's he complaining about in the first place????? unreal.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Carson Wentz haters. You can tell every one you were wrong.
Don't know if Philly is happier for the higher draft pick or bummed about what they're going.