2021 NFL game day thread

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Just noticed for the first time the nfl needs two more teams in the playoffs And that would be fully half the league. Giving hockey a run for their money.

starting to look like some afc upsets today.
I think it's 16 teams for both the NHL and NBA.
Money is key. Seventh team in each Conference in NFL is there simply to have
Another game for the NFL and TV and more cash.
And to screw up any good football playoffs. Team 7 beats Team 2 in both Conferences.
Now no. 1 has a vastly greater path to SB.

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
That's a lot of Pittsburg fans, 99% of them live in LA or within 3 hrs. I love NFL narrative other fans travel well. They don't, maybe 100 of those that can afford a vacation in LA to escape their shitty weather. The rest escaped permanantly, and live there. :roflmao:

Still makes sPenis look bad!

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
as expected Steelers D looks like crap

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Was about to turn off game. Lol

I no longer hate watch, I hope the Chokers lose if they win, no biggie.

Go Steelers!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I listened to it on the radio. The announcers were proclaiming it as the best game of the season. Sounded to me like a game between two teams who didn’t want to win it, Big Ben is washed up and can no longer carry a team.

Reactions: Faded Blues

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I listened to it on the radio. The announcers were proclaiming it as the best game of the season. Sounded to me like a game between two teams who didn’t want to win it, Big Ben is washed up and can no longer carry a team.
It was a fun game to watch, even if the desired outcome wasn't achieved. PIT was missing too many players on D to be able to stop the LAC at important junctures of the game...Actually at any juncture in the game...533 yards of Offense by the LAC??

I did find it curious that a 4.5 point spread game, that looked to be out of reach at the start of the 4th Q, was decided by 4 points at the end...with the LAC sitting on the ball at the Steelers 2yd line, after turning them over on downs!

I also saw a lot of dirty play by the LAC. They were called for 12 penalties, but so much went uncalled. The hit on Najee Harris was definitely dirty...No Penalty!!

Al Michaels sounds like he could be Chargers fan...He severely underestimated the PIT crowd in the stands at around "60-65%"....That place sounded louder than Heinz Field when the LAC had the ball in the 4th Q!! BTW, the LAC aren't the only team these days that play their "home" games in front of opposing team fans...The Jaguars stadium was full of 49'er fans on Sunday!

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
It was a fun game to watch, even if the desired outcome wasn't achieved. PIT was missing too many players on D to be able to stop the LAC at important junctures of the game...Actually at any juncture in the game...533 yards of Offense by the LAC??

I did find it curious that a 4.5 point spread game, that looked to be out of reach at the start of the 4th Q, was decided by 4 points at the end...with the LAC sitting on the ball at the Steelers 2yd line, after turning them over on downs!

I also saw a lot of dirty play by the LAC. They were called for 12 penalties, but so much went uncalled. The hit on Najee Harris was definitely dirty...No Penalty!!

Al Michaels sounds like he could be Chargers fan...He severely underestimated the PIT crowd in the stands at around "60-65%"....That place sounded louder than Heinz Field when the LAC had the ball in the 4th Q!! BTW, the LAC aren't the only team these days that play their "home" games in front of opposing team fans...The Jaguars stadium was full of 49'er fans on Sunday!
That hit not only was a blow to the head, it was late. The nfl is just a joke.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I gotta admit I didn't watch and personal interest is more curiosity. But I understand
Chuggers blew a 17 point lead in the fourth, Steelers went ahead, chuggers came back.
All in the fourth?
If Chuggers get in playoffs, and I really don't care, they'll be no. 7 and playing no. 2.
Bills...Titans...?
Anyway, the interest is no there, but I do like the Chiefs.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The radio guys, one who was Terrell Davis, said they thought they were at Heinz Field with all the terrible towels being waved.

I was watching "Heartland" on Netflix with the wife for the entire game and I went down to check the score on ESPN.com......when I saw it it looked over for Pitt so went back up. After I brought up the score on an ipad I notice Pitt back in it and we switched it to the game and sure enough they went ahead on that FG after the chugs effed up the 4th and 1 inside their territory deep LOL. Hated to see the horrendous D of Pitt on that play to Williams...a total mistake by a fill in .....Collinsworth said if Fitzpatrick were playing no way that happens. So as I said way earlier in the thread....this season largely comes down to attrition...by eithe injury or covid and that involves a lot of luck. I don't see any one team being totally dominant.

And yeah Pitt fans looked like they were totally in control of the noise......it was so damn hilarious watching Herbert have to cover his ear holes to even think. LMAO. Typically embarrassing for spanos on national tv......the really crap organizations are always gonna see that happen but it's way exaggerated in LA for the chugs. Yes JAX has the problem , another nice weather city and Niner fans have always travelled well or shown up...I remember they did it to Dallas/Jerrah one year.

I think Michaels IS probably a big chug fan. I hate that announcing team BTW....so effing irritating...have never liked Al Michaels (or Collinsworth for that matter), although he DID do a good job in the Olympic Hockey USA win over Russia by just making a statement and then shutting up for once LOLOLOLOL. Other than that I hate his voice and he's a shill for the networks and NFL.....I guess that's how you make a lot of money....hype things just the right way and have a voice they like.....Not sure where he lives but I think some of those announcer big wigs live in Rancho Santa Fe in the huge multimillion dollar estates with equestrian and golfing. The elites. Eff em.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I gotta admit I didn't watch and personal interest is more curiosity. But I understand
Chuggers blew a 17 point lead in the fourth, Steelers went ahead, chuggers came back.
All in the fourth?
If Chuggers get in playoffs, and I really don't care, they'll be no. 7 and playing no. 2.
Bills...Titans...?
Anyway, the interest is no there, but I do like the Chiefs.
"Interest is no there", but mucho mucho curioso!!

I think I understand Harry...I gotta admit, without skin in the game, it's hard to manufacture curiosity nor interest. Last night's game -if it was held at the old Murph- would've meant most of us waking up today suffering from a hangover, contemplating missing work, while periodically having flashbacks of a dream from the night before that started with the Chargers beating the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, and somehow ended with a threesome with a couple of their cheerleaders!! We were fans, and there's no greater "skin" than that!

Similarly, the guy that bet the Over and took the Steelers to cover 4.5 pts. was surely glued to the TV till the last 1:38 minutes when it became evident that the LAC were going to just kneel down on the 2 yd line. That's what I call having $kin in the game!

Finally, a guy like my son who had a $10 Draft Kings fantasy lineup with Ekeler as Capt. and was a Mike Williams TD away from winning serious cash? Well, let's just say he'll be picking up the tab for the foreseeable future!!

It's got to be hard to get up emotionally for a game that starts late in the evening on Sunday when none of the above factors are present; so I understand your lack of interest and appreciate your curiosity!!...and the Chiefs look GOOD!!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
"Interest is no there", but mucho mucho curioso!!

I think I understand Harry...I gotta admit, without skin in the game, it's hard to manufacture curiosity nor interest. Last night's game -if it was held at the old Murph- would've meant most of us waking up today suffering from a hangover, contemplating missing work, while periodically having flashbacks of a dream from the night before that started with the Chargers beating the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, and somehow ended with a threesome with a couple of their cheerleaders!! We were fans, and there's no greater "skin" than that!

Similarly, the guy that bet the Over and took the Steelers to cover 4.5 pts. was surely glued to the TV till the last 1:38 minutes when it became evident that the LAC were going to just kneel down on the 2 yd line. That's what I call having $kin in the game!

Finally, a guy like my son who had a $10 Draft Kings fantasy lineup with Ekeler as Capt. and was a Mike Williams TD away from winning serious cash? Well, let's just say he'll be picking up the tab for the foreseeable future!!

It's got to be hard to get up emotionally for a game that starts late in the evening on Sunday when none of the above factors are present; so I understand your lack of interest and appreciate your curiosity!!...and the Chiefs look GOOD!!
to summarize: different strokes for different folks ;) :tup:

Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Is that like Gary Coleman, who died from multiple brain aneurisms....or different strokes?! :eek::roflmao:
not exactly what I was thinkin lol.....definitely a different perspective. :p