2021 hopefully truncated season Padres thread

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Padres are reportedly hiring A’s bench coach Ryan Christenson to continue as Melvin’s bench coach. Looks like we’re getting A. Hilter Jr. here.

funny, when I read your post I thought of Hitler first but noticed you typed A. Hilter so figured maybe that was his name LOLOL. Great a nazi in the dugout. What next? Actually I'd like to see the photo of the gesture, sounds like he was high fiving the players. Wouldn't surprise me that he was raked over the coals and made to apologize for extending his arm too far for a high five. :rolleyes: Of course why would he even apologize if that was his real intent??? WTF. More controversy....great hire. Chemistry , chemistry , chemistry. Propeller doesn't get it still apparently.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Padres are reportedly hiring A’s bench coach Ryan Christenson to continue as Melvin’s bench coach. Looks like we’re getting A. Hilter Jr. here.

First, it was a Roman salute. Second, it was a sign of obedience.

(Germany)... of commitment within the party and as a demonstrative statement to the outside world.Yet in spite of this demand for the outward display of obedience, the drive to gain acceptance did not go unchallenged, even within the movement. Early objections focused on its resemblance to the Roman salute employed by Fascist Italy, and hence on it not being Germanic.
In response, efforts were made to establish its pedigree and invent a proper tradition after the fact.

The compulsory use of the Hitler salute for all public employees followed a directive issued by Reich Minister of the InteriorWilhelm Frick on July 13, 1933, one day before the ban on all non-Nazi parties.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
True satire. God, I miss it.

To expose, is to criticize, and satire, and dark humor can do that.

ha ha , our new bench coach can sit just like that in the dugout (1:08 in the vid) ...classic

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
First....

Then #2

When the Dodgers signed Bauer to a record-setting three-year contract the general assumption was he would remain with the team for at least the 2021 and 2022 seasons.

Bauer’s deal included a $28 million salary for this past season and ability to opt out after the campaign. Doing so would amount to receiving a $2 million buyout, but give the Dodgers an option to defer $20 million from his 2021 salary without interest and pay it in $2 million installments every Dec. 1 from 2031-40.

Instead, Bauer is now due to receive a lump sum of $20 million at the end of November.

Should the right-hander remain in position to do so, opting out after the 2022 season would require the Dodgers to pay a $15 million buyout. Bauer is due to earn $32 million next year and in 2023.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
First....

Then #2

When the Dodgers signed Bauer to a record-setting three-year contract the general assumption was he would remain with the team for at least the 2021 and 2022 seasons.

Bauer’s deal included a $28 million salary for this past season and ability to opt out after the campaign. Doing so would amount to receiving a $2 million buyout, but give the Dodgers an option to defer $20 million from his 2021 salary without interest and pay it in $2 million installments every Dec. 1 from 2031-40.

Instead, Bauer is now due to receive a lump sum of $20 million at the end of November.

Should the right-hander remain in position to do so, opting out after the 2022 season would require the Dodgers to pay a $15 million buyout. Bauer is due to earn $32 million next year and in 2023.
Dogs got dogged on that deal. Glad we dodged that bullet.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I'm looking at this guy Nick Martinez......look who he played for from 2014-2017 and look at his record and ERA. Jeebus. What's with propeller and his stupid Texas connection??? Yeah the guy did great in Japan ball. So what? Unreal. And yeah that is probably the big splash for the offseason.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I sometimes watch this guy, not sure how accurate this is but he floats rumors about packaging Grisham to get Matt Olson and Josh Hader, obviously someone would have to take Myers or Hosmer off of our hands.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: Fender57

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
This is a done deal. That’s why they just let Melvin walk away with no compensation, they’re going fire sale mode in preparation for this eventual move.
But we have already written the letter to the “the best fans in baseball.” Not good enough, of course.
Nice to see the Spanos Sports JackAss Writing School is still around.

1277A1D7-AA1A-4FD5-AAB8-61EAF03B217A.jpeg

Last edited: