2020 Offseason Moves....Trades, Free Agent Signings, etc...

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Jameis Winston signs with the Saints.

Who gives a shit?

Im just happy Telesco passed on him, Cam, Dalton, and the other bum QB’s who were thrown overboard.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Says the guy who has "a real QB" named Tyrod Taylor as a starting QB!

This was your answer to the comparison between Rivers sitting a couple of years behind Brees, and Herbert sitting behind Tyrod:
He won’t throw as many momentum gutting Interceptions as Reeevers

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Getting in to Harvard and Graduating from Harvard are two different things...As someone who's followed Jameis' career closely, I'm not sure Jaboo knows the difference!
Harvard brings it. My favorite, Tom Lehrer, football fight song for his beloved Harvard Crimson.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Harvard brings it. My favorite, Tom Lehrer, football fight song for his beloved Harvard Crimson.

A Harvard Grad was recently brought up on the charge of "vehicular manslaughter" of 28 people...

The Judge who was visibly flabbergasted by the audacity of the crime, asks:
"How in the world can some one of such superior intellect kill so many people with a car, and call it an accident?"

Harvard Grad in response: "Your Honor, the road was icy and with many turns, as best as I tried, I lost control of my car...I pull the wheel to the left...the car veered to the right...I pull the wheel to the right...the road took a turn to the left...I knew I was going to crash, when I saw the bus stop on the left side of the road...my Harvard education allowed me to do a quick headcount and I realized there were 27 people in the bus stop...I looked to the right and saw just one guy...so I figured, as long as I'm going to cause the death of someone, it might as well be the ONE guy on the right!

The Judge: "SO WHAT HAPPENED?"

The Harvard Grad: "Well....The son of a bitch crossed the road!"

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Chuggers will bring Dalton in for a look.
And a ....”you'd play for a lot....a lot lot....less right?”
If Dalton goes to the Patriots, his career will include a couple championship titles. If he goes to the Spanoses, his Bengals career will be the high point of his NFL experience.

Reactions: Harryo the K

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
The FUdean's could do a lot worse than Dalton. The teams he played on in Cinny won more than they lost.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
The FUdean's could do a lot worse than Dalton. The teams he played on in Cinny won more than they lost.
I do not think we need him.
Jacksonville is the most likely landing point for him, so the talking heads are saying.
Others mentioned that I have seen:
NE
Pitt
Minn
Den

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
If Dalton goes to the Patriots, his career will include a couple championship titles. If he goes to the Spanoses, his Bengals career will be the high point of his NFL experience.
You sayin Dalton equals Brady?

WOW. Does Covid eat brains?

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
not to make light of rich people problems but, that’s a 14 million dollar pay cut. I really wonder how that affects the elite class.

Cocast? You wanna weigh in here???

• Haha
Reactions: handoverfist

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
not to make light of rich people problems but, that’s a 14 million dollar pay cut. I really wonder how that affects the elite class.

Cocast? You wanna weigh in here???
In this case, I don’t think it matters whether you subscribe to the Trickle Down or Bernie’s economic theories since owners have a fixed amount they have to allocate to player salaries.

In other words, Andy’s cut is some other player(s) gain.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
In this case, I don’t think it matters whether you subscribe to the Trickle Down or Bernie’s economic theories since owners have a fixed amount they have to allocate to player salaries.

In other words, Andy’s cut is some other player(s) gain.
Considering the finite nature of resources and equity in general; it ALWAYS works out that way!!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
No way. He sucks and was overpaid.
Dalton is going to Dallas for $3 million one year deal.

Tyrod Taylor makes $5 million this year (2nd year of $11 million dollar deal).

So far for Chuggers, 33 yards, 1 TD.

Who's over paid again?

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Not really. The trillions the Federal government is printing and dropping from helicopters is not a finite resource.
Good point, this will end very badly.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Reeevers?
Rivers might actually earn it. Taylor should use his to buy off DBs so he has a chance.
Think about that for moment, the. Chuggers are spending more on a journeyman than they would have had to spend on Winston or Newsome or Dalton. That's grade A incompetence.