2020 Offseason Moves....Trades, Free Agent Signings, etc...

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
We're still a couple of week away from the start of new league year in the NFL, but there are already moves being made that won't become official until Mar. 18th.

The Broncos get cornerback AJ Bouye from Jags for a 4th rounder....

...when told about the move, Bouye expressed regret over the fact that Rivers is no longer in the AFCW!!! :roflmao:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Okung traded to Panthers for Trai Turner
Turner
His cap hit does bump up to nearly $13 million for 2020 and balloons to $15.4 million in 2021, so that could be part of the reason why the Panthers are allegedly looking to cut bait. By getting rid of Turner now, they'd not only get what is likely to be a solid return for him in the trade market, but also clear roughly $3 million off their cap for next season.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Turner
His cap hit does bump up to nearly $13 million for 2020 and balloons to $15.4 million in 2021, so that could be part of the reason why the Panthers are allegedly looking to cut bait. By getting rid of Turner now, they'd not only get what is likely to be a solid return for him in the trade market, but also clear roughly $3 million off their cap for next season.
Trai is relatively young and has pro bowl talent.

If he doesn’t turn into your client BL, it should be a great trade and upgrade at guard.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Trai is relatively young and has pro bowl talent.

If he doesn’t turn into your client BL, it should be a great trade and upgrade at guard.
The tackles now on the roster: Tevi Scott and Trey Pipkins.

Looks like another tackle in Round 2 from Rascal State University

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The Larry English of OL is out there, go get him Telescope!
"He can play Guard or Center also....not very well. But he's left handed and he can put on weight. Played well against strong competition until he had to pass block.
We had him much higher on our medical board. He gets to the second buffet level
very fast. His motor never stops. He's a clutch player. He's geared to our offense.
Are we not the Chuggers? We are Devo."

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
"He can play Guard or Center also....not very well. But he's left handed and he can put on weight. Played well against strong competition until he had to pass block.
We had him much higher on our medical board. He gets to the second buffet level
very fast. His motor never stops. He's a clutch player. He's geared to our offense.
Are we not the Chuggers? We are Devo."
I think Larry English was an AJ Smith player. English couldn't stay healthy, but, even when he was healthy, he sucked. Telesco aims more for super-talented players who can't stay healthy enough to play. I am thinking maybe Red Grange would be a good pick. Nobody argues that he has the talent. The only thing holding him back is he isn't alive. He is the ultimate Telesco pick.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
I think Larry English was an AJ Smith player. English couldn't stay healthy, but, even when he was healthy, he sucked. Telesco aims more for super-talented players who can't stay healthy enough to play. I am thinking maybe Red Grange would be a good pick. Nobody argues that he has the talent. The only thing holding him back is he isn't alive. He is the ultimate Telesco pick.
Tua fits the Chuggers type. Talent galore but injuries will keep him on IR.

I think Herbert is the best pick they could make.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Or if he wanted to pick someone alive he can pick that bruising RB from Syracuse named Jim Brown.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Chuggers vs Brady
Chuggers would need to offer Brady mega bucks to sign.
Chuggers do not offer mega bucks but can offer opportunity to play
Quarterback with no offensive line. Making Brady the
greatest of the greatest QBs of all time.

Brady does not need to pose with the Spanni. Agent is firm on this condition.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Or if he wanted to pick someone alive he can pick that bruising RB from Syracuse named Jim Brown.
Telesco likes Notre Dame. You need someone who's still alive. Super Bowl experienced.
They go for...John Huarte.

Huarte sat on the bench for most of his sophomore and junior seasons at Notre Dame before taking over at quarterback in his senior season. He didn't disappoint.

Huarte only threw 205 passes for 2,062 yards for an astounding 10.06 yards per attempt. He was the surprise Heisman Trophy winner and led Notre Dame to a 9-1 record.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Telesco likes Notre Dame. You need someone who's still alive. Super Bowl experienced.
They go for...John Huarte.

Huarte sat on the bench for most of his sophomore and junior seasons at Notre Dame before taking over at quarterback in his senior season. He didn't disappoint.

Huarte only threw 205 passes for 2,062 yards for an astounding 10.06 yards per attempt. He was the surprise Heisman Trophy winner and led Notre Dame to a 9-1 record.
Telesco likes ND... @SDRay likes ND...

Holy poo-poo Batman! @SDRay is Telesco!!!!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
AS were other notables like Jesse Hester and Jonas Mouton....absolutely horrible picks. Manti Teo was another ridiculous trade up in the 2nd round.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I don't see the rationale for this thread. What the hell DIFFERENCE does it make which QB they take? They could have the next Brady and still not win because of the front office dopes. Come on now. We are wasting time here. Let's do something more productive like discuss the lifecycle of termites.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I don't see the rationale for this thread. What the hell DIFFERENCE does it make which QB they take? They could have the next Brady and still not win because of the front office dopes. Come on now. We are wasting time here. Let's do something more productive like discuss the lifecycle of termites.
Who is signing termites in the off season? Betcha its those damn Pats... They will send them to break down the opponents locker room to gain an unfair advantage!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Somebody has to try and fill those Chugger SoFi seats.

Not like Gilly and where his head is at.

1A2EC8F0-83BB-477B-9E92-A420AB408A80.png

• Haha

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
If Brady ends up with the Spanoses, that would spell the end of any argument that Brady's greatness has to do with intelligence. I have heard Brady speak enough to know he isn't dumb enough to leave Kraft for Dean. If I am wrong on this, and, somehow, Brady, the guy everybody seems to think has slipped from greatness, signs with the Spanoses and leads them to a championship in L.A.'s new stadium, everybody would know the NFL was fixed. So, yea, Brady isn't going to sign with Dean. The odds are zero.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
If Brady ends up with the Spanoses, that would spell the end of any argument that Brady's greatness has to do with intelligence. I have heard Brady speak enough to know he isn't dumb enough to leave Kraft for Dean. If I am wrong on this, and, somehow, Brady, the guy everybody seems to think has slipped from greatness, signs with the Spanoses and leads them to a championship in L.A.'s new stadium, everybody would know the NFL was fixed. So, yea, Brady isn't going to sign with Dean. The odds are zero.
Q is woke. We are woke. We are Devo.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...

Good signing? That's whole lot of money for an extra "e"!
I have a soft spot for UFAs...so I wanted to see the guy do well (well, if he wasn't an LAC).

That said, I'm pretty sure they overpaid for him. He was a pleasant surprise, given low expectations.

But he's no star, and his receptions will decline without Rivers. Time will tell, but I won't be watching closely...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I have a soft spot for UFAs...so I wanted to see the guy do well (well, if he wasn't an LAC).

That said, I'm pretty sure they overpaid for him. He was a pleasant surprise, given low expectations.

But he's no star, and his receptions will decline without Rivers. Time will tell, but I won't be watching closely...
I think the Chuggers think he's an Edleman. Might be, but he's not a third down running back.
With a vet QB to fake down field and get him in a screen pass, he's good. But $5 million a year?
Just a patchwork team to me.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018

Good signing? That's whole lot of money for an extra "e"!
He earned it! Pair Ekeler with a mobile QB and it will give defenses nightmares.