2020 Chargers thread (Enter at your own risk)

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How did you like the Chargers draft?

• B - Great job, just needed an OT to round it out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D - Well... The unis are hot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
When did Deion Sanders turn into Grady from Sanford and Son?
ha ha,,,,that's a good one.....I really did have trouble figuring out who the hell it was at first. Separated at birth.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Rookie QBs galore
Chargers coach Anthony Lynn has said that Taylor is in the driver's seat to win the starting quarterback job but has continued to mention that Herbert, whom the Chargers selected with the No. 6 overall pick, will be competing for the spot. It seems an outside chance that the rookie will win the job, but if he does, it could set up two intriguing matchups between the top quarterbacks selected in the 2020 draft. In Week 1, the Chargers play the Bengals, who are expected to start Burrow, the top overall pick in the draft. In Week 7, the Chargers play at Miami, where rookie Tua Tagovailoa, the No. 5 overall pick, could win the starting job.

Reactions: Concudan

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
btw - Those new uni's are fucking fugly and gay (and that's an insult to gays)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889784-2020-nfl-schedule-release-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team

1. Los Angeles Chargers
    Two years ago, the Los Angeles Chargers won 12 games and a playoff contest. After a wildly disappointing 2019 campaign, the Bolts are now starting over.
    With Philip Rivers set to throw passes in Indianapolis, the Chargers have turned over the reins at quarterback to a combination of veteran Tyrod Taylor and rookie Justin Herbert. The Melvin Gordon era is over as well; the ground game now belongs to Austin Ekeler.
    The Chargers will benefit from the weakest schedule in the AFC West in 2020. Their opponents had a combined winning percentage of .492, and they face only four teams that made the playoffs a year ago.
    But unless Herbert proves to be an exceedingly quick study, the Chargers have the look of a last-place team.
    Prediction: 5-11
I don't know anything about Tyrod Taylor or Austin Ekeler, but I watched plenty of games with Phillip Rivers and Melvin Gordon.
Rivers will be nearly impossible to replace. Gordon, while I love his support of us San Diego fans, was a typical talented yet injury-prone Tom Telesco pick at a relatively unimportant position. What always needed to be upgraded during my fan tenure and never was since the Schottenheimer days was the talent at the line of scrimmage. After AJ Smith's o'linemen and Jamal Williams got old, the defensive and offensive lines were basically useless. We got one average year of o'line play during the beginning of the McCoy era and about half a season of Joey Bosa during his rookie year, but everything else about our play at the line was historically pathetic. We almost always lost the battle at the line of scrimmage, which meant, unless we got extraordinary play from Rivers, we were going to lose every game. Sometimes Rivers got a little help those few games Keenan Allen was healthy and at his best. Allen, when healthy, could get open in less than a second, which made it possible for Rivers to complete passes without any protection. And, when Allen couldn't get open, Rivers could get hot and start hitting the taller receivers, like Antonio Gates, for completions that Rivers had to force into coverage. Anyway - what I am trying to say is, unless the o-line and d-line have been dramatically upgraded (which based on my brief viewing the past couple years - they haven't) the Chargers won't win a game this year. The only reason they have won a single game since McCoy's first season was because of Rivers's insane ability to complete passes while under pressure with zero receivers open. I predict 0-16, especially if other coaches don't go brain dead and forget the running game is still legal. The Chargers, with Bosa and Melvin Ingram, can pressure quarterbacks and disrupt passing games, but nobody on the Chargers can do much of anything about the run.

Last edited:

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Tom Krasovic: With Philip Rivers gone, it's a new era for Chargers' Anthony Lynn

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tom-krasovic-with-philip-rivers-gone-its-a-new-era-for-chargers-anthony-lynn/ar-BB13Qyut

SAN DIEGO — What’s new with Anthony Lynn, who got his job when the ham-handed Spanoses were in the midst of removing the Chargers from San Diego?

As it turns out, there’s a lot new.
This year brings Lynn’s biggest season yet. This year, if the NFL is able to play its games, we find out if Lynn can — or can’t — run an NFL team. The curtain has gone up. The stage is his. It’s Lynn’s time.
No Rivers, Gordon, Philips, Benjamin, Okung...

But they have Ekler, Henry, Turner and Bulaga for a cool $36mil/yr

Funny money in the nfl

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
rumor is lynn and telescope are on the hot seat.

pin this prediction to the top:

both get fired at end of the year.

john boys makes himself prez and gm.

hires jeff garrett to be hc.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

would not surprise me.....the spanii are a clownshow......they will never stick with anything too long other than losers like norb and mccoy and GM's like assjack. I was never a huge Lynn or Telescope fan but they were better than they'd done for well over a decade. Now they'll go completely into the tank if nepotism rears it's ugly head even further than it already has. John spanos is a complete hopeless loser who was handed the job and only background before the nfl was some scrub player at Bishops High in LaJolla, the priviliged kids school.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

Jeff Garrett?

Or do you mean J - E - Double F - J - A - Double R - E - Double T?

94746A7E-F0F8-40E6-8E3F-10CACCFE86A0.jpeg

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Makes perfect sense to the spanii....Jeff Jarrett coaching Doug Fauts. Doofuses. SMH.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Famous Bruces:

"The Bruce" Simpson, famous double murderer from the Bruceversity of Southern Brucefornia

Bruce the Bruce, a warrior king depicted in the movie, Bruceheart. Remember when Bruce Gibson said, "They may take our lives, but they will never take our BRUCES!"?

"The Bruce" Johnston, who played fullbruce for the Dallas Bruceboys

And the most famous Bruce: Bruce "The Bruce" Brucesteen and his favorite
bruceball manager, Bruce Brucechy with the big brucestache

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Famous Bruces:

"The Bruce" Simpson, famous double murderer from the Bruceversity of Southern Brucefornia

Bruce the Bruce, a warrior king depicted in the movie, Bruceheart. Remember when Bruce Gibson said, "They may take our lives, but they will never take our BRUCES!"?

"The Bruce" Johnston, who played fullbruce for the Dallas Bruceboys

And the most famous Bruce: Bruce "The Bruce" Brucesteen and his favorite
bruceball manager, Bruce Brucechy with the big brucestache
Bruce Johnston also replaced songwriter (and proclaimed musical genius) Bruce Wilson in the Bruce Boys. He also penned the song for Bruce Manilow, “I Bruce the Songs”.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
How about you guys talk Bruce in the Bruce thread, and talk Chargers in the Chargers thread.

Please stop derailing this thread.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Conc puts up with so much schit......I wonder if Bruce does? (lolol jk Conc)

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
So I just heard some good news for Concudan's L.A. Spanoses.

1. They won't have to worry about contracting Covid-19 because none of their contracts work out anyway.

2. They won't catch Covid-19 because they can't catch worth shit.

3. Covid-19 only affects the living.

4. They can ignore stay-at-home orders because they have no home.

5. Like most of the world, the Grim Reaper believes the Chargers are still in San Diego.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
to make up for lost revenue dean devised a new scheme. he is buying masks from cvs at a 1.99$ a pop. he takes the masks to homeless shelters and sells them for 5$ a pop.

when asked why he was price gouging the needy, he gleefully said he learned the trick from his old man.

Reactions: wrbanwal

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005