2019 Fantasy Football thread

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Any takers on a yahoo league?

Any case I got forced to auto draft on ESPN because I couldn't get the app to open, so I set my picks up and at least I didn't get too screwed.

Also found out on draft day yesterday that we were only playing with 8 teams. And I thought 10 teams was easy because of the players that stay available on the wire.

I went qb in the 8th and got Matt Ryan. And I double dipped on qb and defense.

Screenshot_2019-09-02-22-56-42.png

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Dropped the Jets wr and picked up Greg Olson. I need more than just njoku for the next 6 weeks.

Unfortunately auto draft picked up 2 defenses on the same bye, week 10 which isn't a problem yet. Eagles D is a top pick vs wash.

I'll be grilling sirloin tonight so I'll have the Packers game on in the background.

Fun fact: Last year I had davante adams and traded him mid fantasy season and he had a strong finish.

So hoping auto draft picked a top 5 guy.

Reactions: SDRay

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Screenshot_2019-09-16-10-27-18.png

Well I got lucky, I was gonna pick up ravens D after someone dropped them but was too far down the waiver order. So pats smoked steelers and I made a claim and got 35 points for week 2.

Also picked up that new superstar TE of the Ravens and got 25 pts off him.

Now I gotta find a replacement backup qb for big ben.

And my kicker goes on bye week 4 so I'll be changing kickers soon.

Sucks this week the guy above me on waivers had Brees as his only qb, so I'm sure he'll take the guy in trying to get.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I was going to start a thread, but then I saw this one here.
I know how the majority of our esteemed members feel about the LAC and the NFL...but can we at least talk about Fantasy Football?
For the past couple of years I've been playing teams on Draft Kings under the handle, Almondjoys...it was my Party Poker name!!
I gotta admit, it's made football fun for me again. For a guy who used to live and die over the outcome of the games and a half point here and there on the spread, it's refreshing to watch a game not giving a shit who wins or loses and by how much. I've realized that as someone who played the game as a kid, and loves the sport, it was always the players and the plays that interested me most, not the teams. Sure you have teams you like and teams you hate, but the appreciation for individual players and the athleticism in the plays they make is independent of my feeling for the teams they play for and the NFL as a league.

So how about it? Can I get some fantasy advice from the football experts here? There's a game at 3:40 pm EST today between Ravens and Steelers. Who's the sleeper? Who'd you have as Captain on the Showdown?

I'm thinking of playing a team with:

Capt....RB Snells Jr. PIT
Flex.....QB Roethlisberger PIT
Flex....WR Claypool PIT
Flex....QB Griffin BAL
Flex....WR Brown BAL
Flex...TE McDonald PIT

Savage Lizard

FORMER Charger fan at 7000'
Jul 12, 2007
Big Bear Lake, CA
www.savagelizard.com
Agree!

My favorite teams are now my fantasy teams, and whoever I took in wagers. I purposely do not draft Spanos players because I don't watch Spanos games, and beyond that I don't want to be in a position of rooting for Spanos players to do well. I do season long with my friends, and the occasional daily games.

As for advice, this is a crazy year, and this game especially. Still wondering if it gets cancelled. I like Pittsburgh tonight, but your guess is as good as mine on players.

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
My DK Showdown team for MIN @ NO:

Capt. WR Marquez Callaway
Flex. RB Dalvin Cook
Flex. RB Alvin Kamara
Flex. QB Drew Brees
Flex. WR Justin Jefferson
Flex. Jared Cook

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Just drafted my Fantasy League Team...Had 10th pick...Ended up with:

QB: Roethlisberger, and Mayfield
RB: Najee Harris, James Robinson, Raheem Mostert, Ronald Jones II
WR: Tyreek Hill, Laviska Shenault Jr., Ja'Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Corey Davis, and of course Kenny Golladay!
TE: George Kittle, Pat Freiermuth
K: Tyler Bass
Colts D

Reactions: ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Just drafted my Fantasy League Team...Had 10th pick...Ended up with:

QB: Roethlisberger, and Mayfield
RB: Najee Harris, James Robinson, Raheem Mostert, Ronald Jones II
WR: Tyreek Hill, Laviska Shenault Jr., Ja'Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Corey Davis, and of course Kenny Golladay!
TE: George Kittle, Pat Freiermuth
K: Tyler Bass
Colts D
Sounds like you are solid at qb and far as rbs wrs I dunno nothin but you do got tyfreak hill and I know he will beast.

Kittle was on the fantasy ups as far as I knew and I'm betting is another solid pick.

K and D... Your guess as good as mine. Imo never reach for a top tier D early as come week 3 the next fantasy sleeper D will be awoke and in high demand on waivers. I've found having 2 top 10 D in the first 10 weeks can pay off perfect if your draft pick is stumbling but not yet to the point of cutting. Also two top 10 D in week 5 is a good place to sit if you can find a sleeper wr or back someone is willing to pass on for a plug and play D. Both K and D are harder to peg down to prognostications prior to a season as they are entire units of the scheme as opposed to just one player. Better off to skip K and grab for a high potential gem that no one is thinking of as a priority cuff or whatever wr3 with wr2 production potential.

Have fun as always and I hope I bring home the trophy.

Reactions: handoverfist