2019 College Football Thread

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think LSU wins it all......that QB is gonna get a huge NFL payday. They smoked OK. OSU should have beaten Clemson. Should be a good championship game though.

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Another great college football season wraps up tomorrow night with the biggest and best American football championship tomorrow night! I'm picking Clemson to defend their title and beat LSU. Then my ND Fighting Irish will get a shot next season to end their winning streak in South Bend.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I think LSU wins it all......that QB is gonna get a huge NFL payday. They smoked OK. OSU should have beaten Clemson. Should be a good championship game though.
From the Bengals? When he's locked into a current four year rookie deal
at nothing close to the other NFL quarterbacks?

The reason the Chuggers will draft a QB has a lot to due with keeping him or her under
a low salary for four years.

Reactions: Gill Man

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Clemson vs. LSU is like a Mike Tyson hook to my nuts v. eating whale shit. One team has an asshole coach who has won too many times, and the other team has quite possibly the only fan-base worse than Raiders fans. I guess I can hope this goes the way of that Browns Steelers helmet-swinging game in which the Steelers lost and the Browns ruined their own season.

The silver lining is we get to see two great QBs.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

The reason the Chuggers will draft a QB has a lot to due with keeping him or her under
yeah will have to wait 4 years for the really big payday. Or he can hold out and demand more $ or a trade after year 1.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005

He's going to a signing bonus of 25-30mil. I think he'll do ok

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
He's going to a signing bonus of 25-30mil. I think he'll do ok

Yes, you're right. Kyler Murray last year got a $23 million dollar bonus, but Arizona gets him for 4-5 years at roughly a cap hit of $8.5 million a year with yearly salary and bonus prorated.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
LSU blowing it wide open. Burrow is having an unreal night. 5 TD passes over 400 yards passing. 42-25 with 11 min to go.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Blowout, lousy game if you like contested finishes. Great game if you like to see a QB make historical records. Lets hope the SB isn't a blowout with the Niners crunching whoever matches up. If you want to see a blowout watch SF/GB this weekend. I hope to gawd I'm wrong about that one but my head tells me a much different story than my heart. The problem for ANY team facing SF is their 5 #1 draft picks who are rushing the QB or playing along the line to either rush or stop the run. They are back to full strength. They broke it down on NFLN.....you can double one or even 2 (use a TE) but that leaves THREE #1 picks against comaritive scrubs who have great difficulty matching those guys 1/1. I think only the Titans can match up and possibly run the ball a little to allow some 2nd and short.....Henry is Beast Mode 2.0 only better and more versatile. I am not sure any other OL can match up. I think GB goes the same way the Vikes did. A healthy SEA would have been possible. KC? would have to keep Kelce in a lot to help out. I'm just thinkin this is the season of blowouts.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Blowout, lousy game if you like contested finishes. Great game if you like to see a QB make historical records. Lets hope the SB isn't a blowout with the Niners crunching whoever matches up. If you want to see a blowout watch SF/GB this weekend. I hope to gawd I'm wrong about that one but my head tells me a much different story than my heart. The problem for ANY team facing SF is their 5 #1 draft picks who are rushing the QB or playing along the line to either rush or stop the run. They are back to full strength. They broke it down on NFLN.....you can double one or even 2 (use a TE) but that leaves THREE #1 picks against comaritive scrubs who have great difficulty matching those guys 1/1. I think only the Titans can match up and possibly run the ball a little to allow some 2nd and short.....Henry is Beast Mode 2.0 only better and more versatile. I am not sure any other OL can match up. I think GB goes the same way the Vikes did. A healthy SEA would have been possible. KC? would have to keep Kelce in a lot to help out. I'm just thinkin this is the season of blowouts.
It was a decent game, apparently, until the targeting ejection. I fell asleep right after.

Interestingly, I saw Clemson make what I thought was a good block and get called for roughing because the blockee didn't see the block coming. (Was the blocker supposed to tap the guy on the shoulder before throwing the block?) Then LSU drilled a defenseless receiver in what the announcers and the refs called a legal hit. I am so confused as to what the rules are.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It was a decent game, apparently, until the targeting ejection. I fell asleep right after.

Interestingly, I saw Clemson make what I thought was a good block and get called for roughing because the blockee didn't see the block coming. (Was the blocker supposed to tap the guy on the shoulder before throwing the block?) Then LSU drilled a defenseless receiver in what the announcers and the refs called a legal hit. I am so confused as to what the rules are.
you are not the only one confused as to what the rules are. The officials and everyone else is too lolz.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl