2019 Chargers Thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Jamal Williams was one of the greatest NFL linemen whom few people ever heard of. Merriman and the Other Guy got a lot of credit for that defense that got us to 14-3, but those guys were role players. Jamal was the real star. He seemed to take out entire offensive lines by himself. As soon as he got old, the careers of Merriman and Phillips nosedived into nothingness. And our great run defense turned into absolute garbage that never recovered. Why? Because Williams was an entire defensive line. You can't tackle runningbacks or sack QBs without a line.

I think you might be saying Gaither was the Jamal Williams of all the great Charger O-lines.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
He turned down 10M per year . Here’s a bet. As a free agent, he won’t get a nickel more and probably less.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
He turned down 10M per year . Here’s a bet. As a free agent, he won’t get a nickel more and probably less.
My guess is that the million is artificially inflated and has clauses that benefits the chargers.

It’s easy to throw a 10 mil a year number.

The big question is how much is guaranteed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Harryo the K

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
things are setting up nicely for the fudeans. the Raiders are a mess, the donks are a mess. Pitt is a mess. Chi, GB, and the Chiefs seem like the only teams they need to get up for

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
things are setting up nicely for the fudeans. the Raiders are a mess, the donks are a mess. Pitt is a mess. Chi, GB, and the Chiefs seem like the only teams they need to get up for
Awe... You do care!
;)

Reactions: wrbanwal

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I doubt the NFL will let the Spanoses past the wildcard round. There is zero chance the team gets a home playoff game.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Awe... You do care!
;)
It does take a degree of caring to hate. Nobody hates harder than disgruntled fans from San Diego. Ask Kevin Brown and Eli Manning. Eli, despite some incredible efforts on our part, was too strong for us to crush; but I am pretty sure we contributed to Brown's downfall. As far as the Spanoses go: so far, they aren't making it. How long will the NFL put up with these money losers?

Last edited:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
It does take a degree of caring to hate. Nobody hates harder than disgruntled fans from San Diego. Ask Kevin Brown and Eli Manning. Eli, despite some incredible efforts on our part, was too strong for us to crush; but I am pretty sure we contributed to Brown's downfall. As far as the Spanoses go: so far, they aren't making it. How long will the NFL put uo with these money losers?
In all fairness. I think the Spani are able to sink themselves nicely without much help from SD. But help away, put out their dumpster fire with gasoline! :laugh:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
This year Your Bolts will be in the mix with a lot of teams,
Pitt, Browns, Raven, Titans, hell even the Jaguars. About two excellent teams in the AFC, maybe three or four in the NFC.
Four teams from AFC, no chance. That leaves 12 for 6 slots. Patriots and Chiefs will have two, so that 10 for 4 spots.
8 teams now at 2-2. My picks, Division Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Chiefs. WC Colts and Browns.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
This year Your Bolts will be in the mix with a lot of teams,
Pitt, Browns, Raven, Titans, hell even the Jaguars. About two excellent teams in the AFC, maybe three or four in the NFC.
Four teams from AFC, no chance. That leaves 12 for 6 slots. Patriots and Chiefs will have two, so that 10 for 2 spots.
8 teams now at 2-2. My picks, Division Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Chiefs. WC Colts and Browns.
If those are the options, here is the order the NFL will aim for.
1. The Bradys
2. Cleveland Oranges
3. Squeelers
4. Cravens
5. Chefs
6. Dolts
7. Spanoses
8. Oilers
9. McJaguars

It seems like every team outside of Detroit and the Bidwells makes the playoffs nowadays, but, somehow, the Los Angeles Spanoses won't have a home playoff game ever.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
If those are the options, here is the order the NFL will aim for.
1. The Bradys
2. Cleveland Oranges
3. Squeelers
4. Cravens
5. Chefs
6. Dolts
7. Spanoses
8. Oilers
9. McJaguars

It seems like every team outside of Detroit and the Bidwells makes the playoffs nowadays, but, somehow, the Los Angeles Spanoses won't have a home playoff game ever.
Oilers? You going all Earl Campbell on us this year?

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Now that makes sense.
yeah not sure why the hell Bud Adams (is that who took it to TN?) would deny them the rights to the name. Stupid. What the hell is he gonna do with it? What the hell does "Oilers" have to do with TN other than maybe they lube themselves up to take it up the rear lolz.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
yeah not sure why the hell Bud Adams (is that who took it to TN?) would deny them the rights to the name. Stupid. What the hell is he gonna do with it? What the hell does "Oilers" have to do with TN other than maybe they lube themselves up to take it up the rear lolz.
The Oilers might be the only team able to handle the Packers.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man