2019 Chargers Thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Other teams probably said we'll wait a few months till you're a Free agent. Which requires this year. So play the string out.
Of course, the trade deadline is not here yet.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
He should pull a Gaither.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

Of course, it could be that he is reporting back early because:
1) The Chargers gave him the original 10-11 million a year offer again
2) He was not getting the leverage he needed from holding out
3) The Chargers arranged a deal for him which means he has to report then the trade occurs.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I say 2 because Gordon would have to have thought the chargers would flinch and flipped their way thinking from saving money to winning no matter what. It was made clear by the chuggers they had no interest in matching gordon’s offer and would let him sit out as long as he wanted.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I say 2 because Gordon would have to have thought the chargers would flinch and flipped their way thinking from saving money to winning no matter what. It was made clear by the chuggers they had no interest in matching gordon’s offer and would let him sit out as long as he wanted.
I would love to know the ins and outs of what the Chargers offered. I wonder if Gordon didn't change representation, because about a week ago he went silent on Twitter, where he was positing regularly. I don't know, just wondering. I can see holding out if the offer of 10-11 million had little in the way of guarantees or incentives... We just don't know.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Trade deadline is Oct. 29. I suspect some teams will make an offer (esp. contenders).
. Deanos should take whatever they get.
Or they can just .....you know, tell Stan they wanna sell two for one PSLs.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Gordon arrived early on a dreary Thursday morning in Southern California. He expects 2019 will be his final season with the Chargers, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
May I recommend to the awesome LAC management and fanbase, to trade MG to the Packers for whatever best draft choices you can get. He's not going to re-sign and you will need multiple, multiple draft choices to get your next quarterback.
And of course, your own selection of #32 will not be enough to get into the top five.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
May I recommend to the awesome LAC management and fanbase, to trade MG to the Packers for whatever best draft choices you can get. He's not going to re-sign and you will need multiple, multiple draft choices to get your next quarterback.
And of course, your own selection of #32 will not be enough to get into the top five.
jamaal williams was cartd off the field after a concussion/head injury....any update? If so they could use MG.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Who are the big QB options available. I know Louisville (or is it NC State?) has that long haired tall rock star QB - but he’s a sophomore right? Who else is available?

RamAirVA

Curse and Damn You Spanos!
Nov 12, 2007
Depends on the Week
Who are the big QB options available. I know Louisville (or is it NC State?) has that long haired tall rock star QB - but he’s a sophomore right? Who else is available?
You're thinking Trevor Lawrence of Clemson.

Another name I've heard kicked around is Justin Herbert out of Oregon. Of course, the last time the Chargers took a QB from Oregon they made out okay...think his name was Doug Fauts. Had a pretty good career if I recall correctly... :D

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
You're thinking Trevor Lawrence of Clemson.

Another name I've heard kicked around is Justin Herbert out of Oregon. Of course, the last time the Chargers took a QB from Oregon they made out okay...think his name was Doug Fauts. Had a pretty good career if I recall correctly... :D
Yeah that Fauts guy did alright.

That’s right, Lawrence from Clemson. He’s going to be a number 1 overall. Not only will the Chuggers never be in line to get him, even if they were they’d botch the negotiations.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Jamal Williams was one of the greatest NFL linemen whom few people ever heard of. Merriman and the Other Guy got a lot of credit for that defense that got us to 14-3, but those guys were role players. Jamal was the real star. He seemed to take out entire offensive lines by himself. As soon as he got old, the careers of Merriman and Phillips nosedived into nothingness. And our great run defense turned into absolute garbage that never recovered. Why? Because Williams was an entire defensive line. You can't tackle runningbacks or sack QBs without a line.