2019 Chargers Thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Well this oughta really help the PSL sales along.....Stan and the NFL getting even MORE ticked at deanis.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Dolphins clocking in at 5.3 points per game. I mean, could the Charger lose to that? Could they?
yes they could, if they go in the tank. I think the new coach smell is officially starting to stink.:eek:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Peace all, enjoy your 'L' celebration. I am sure I will get to enjoy a few more Ws this season... But then again I might be a bit optimistic...
you got the Dolphins and Broncos in succession,,,,,,gotta be 3-2 after that and on to the SB as Walt said . Chin up.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
I thought that this morning when I saw Arrowhead and it was bleeding red. The games I was at even at the Q were rarely that dominant by home colors. I thought maybe it is due some to them being the only thing in town... But the west coast has rarely been as rabid sports fans as the midwest and east coast. Dont know why...
Raiders and Seahawks don’t have rabid fans? Please!

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
Fun fact: Some here were probably surprised to see Snoop... :eek:
but I remembered him rocking an Alworth jersey in a vid he did in Rio in early '03
The Wikipedia write-up for the video even mentioned:
"Snoop Dogg wears a Lance Alworth jersey number 19."
(to be fair, he wore a Chiefs jersey in that vid, too...
but still, as a hard core Alworth fan, it caught my eye, and stuck in my head...)

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Raiders and Seahawks don’t have rabid fans? Please!
Niners also not bad. It's a SoCal thing and LA is worse than SD. Actually dean had a good thing in SD if he'd been a better owner and fielded a competitive team and as I've said many times, if John Butler hadn't passed when he did and aj smith wasn't put into the position of GM which he was not really suited for, and IF John Bulter had been given control of things without the nepotists interfering,,,,,they'd have had a ring and the city and their stadium. But they decided to do stupid things like make aj smith GM and norb turner HC and mcnorb HC. Just silly. They got what they deserved. Now hopefully Kroenke kicks their asses out of the stadium there and karma will have been fully served.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Fun fact: Some here were probably surprised to see Snoop... :eek:
but I remembered him rocking an Alworth jersey in a vid he did in Rio in early '03
The Wikipedia write-up for the video even mentioned:
"Snoop Dogg wears a Lance Alworth jersey number 19."
(to be fair, he wore a Chiefs jersey in that vid, too...
but still, as a hard core Alworth fan, it caught my eye, and stuck in my head...)
Snoop Dog associates himself with another dude named after a beloved cartoon character.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Houston won 11 games last year and their Division. Not LAC greatness but close.
yeah but a crap division right? pluse Bill O'brien has to be one of the worst coaches around.....I mean he literally does stuff to lose games. He called timeouts that actually helped the bolts today.....one in particular just before the 2 min. timeout. WTF was that????? I fully expected the Texans to fold up and lose that down the stretch but luckily the Spaz took over things in the clutch lolz.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
Another loss to crap teams. Loving this L.A.????
While I wouldn't go so far as to call the Lions or Texans "crap teams," they aren't strong teams.

* Both teams were ranked--heading into the season--significantly lower than the hyped LAC.
* Both teams entered their games as underdogs to the LAC.
* Both teams fell behind the LAC, as expected.
* Both teams "hung around" because the LAC couldn't close them out...
* Both teams came out of close games with an unexpected "W"

This does not bode well for those who placed big Super Bowl bets on the LAC,
when the likes of ESPN ranked them as the 6th best team, going into the season.

Kwak

May 25, 2006
Sometimes you just go WTF?!?!

For 40 fking years I watched the nfl media arm ignore the Chargers existence in SD, now those punk azz bitches In the media have them showing up in most nfl sponsored commercials.

Had a great day watching my new team beat them at the soccer field. Looked like a lot of Texans fans there.

Mark nov 3rd. It will be 75% other fan. Maybe more..

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yeah, I never liked snoop..........

until yesterday :D :p:laugh:

RamAirVA

Curse and Damn You Spanos!
Nov 12, 2007
Depends on the Week
^^^ Notice how your post is in quotes^^^ ;)

They did not low ball Bosa. That is an ignorant statement. 1) the NFL has a structured rookie contract pay scale, teams cant low ball rookie contracts. 2) the hold up with Bosa was him mums and dah wanted contract language that no other team offers. Check the facts, I know it does not have the same ring as what you are shoveling, but you will be able to move past that I am sure.

Who is arguing they are one of the top owners? That is possibly more ignorant than your Bosa comment. He is disliked by the other owners and based on some of what has been reported, most owners didn't want him to move.

Your assumption that Rivers wont get extended is premature. You could be right in time, but as of right now, you are wishful hating again.

So far, they are not struggling to replace his productivity... Ekeler is doing well and Jackson leads the league in yards per carry. MG25 is shooting himself in the foot. If he wants out of LA regardless of all, this makes sense. If not and he wants to be a Charger, he is playing a bad hand with a 2 high.
A 2-high ain't so bad if you have four of them... :whistling:

Disclaimer, i am in no way stating that Gordon is sitting on quad ducks here... :D

• Haha
Reactions: Concudan