• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2006 Preseason Polls

oca

BoltTalker
#5
Will be interesting to see if the Irish and Brady Quinn live up to the hype. He looked like a stud last year lets see if he can keep it up with all the expectations.
 

LT teh ghost

Well-Known Member
#6
14 MIAMI
There was a shakeup, no, let's make that, earthquake, on the Miami coaching staff following the 40-3 embarrassment at the hands of LSU in the Peach Bowl, when four top assistants were shown the door.
[READ THE FULL MIAMI 2006 TEAM PREVIEW]
[DOWNLOAD THE MIAMI PODCAST]
[BUY THE 2006 COLLEGE FOOTBALL ANNUAL]
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#11
Nope Notre Dame is just where they should be.

ND will be even better this year. Their schedule is very conducive to them being undefeated up until their final game, where they visit USC.

Even then, USC is a shadow of the team that almost lost in South Bend last year.

It will be ND vs. LSU or OSU in the National Championship.
 

Buttmunch

Well-Known Member
#12
Chispa said:
Agreed. There're so many ways a QB can be blamed for a bad season. I'm not rooting for Notre Dame - but I wonder if it's fair to equate expectations for him and for the team equally. I think Notre Dame is over-rated and I wonder if Quinn will get dinged for that.
What??? I'm a huge ND fan and I will personally tell you they are ranked too high. Not because I don't think the offense will get it done, but because of the poor pass defense. Quinn has everyone coming back except for Fasano and Stovall, but our former #1 WR is back from injury and ND picked up the #1 TE last year in Konrad Reuland.
If you ask most fans, I don't think the offense is what's causing them to lose sleep, it's the defense. Quinn should be fine.
 

Buttmunch

Well-Known Member
#13
WonderSlug said:
Nope Notre Dame is just where they should be.

ND will be even better this year. Their schedule is very conducive to them being undefeated up until their final game, where they visit USC.

Even then, USC is a shadow of the team that almost lost in South Bend last year.

It will be ND vs. LSU or OSU in the National Championship.
From your mouth to .......:tup:

I hope to make it to the USC game. I would love for ND to kick Leisure....Uh, I mean USC's arse!!!
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#14
Buttmunch said:
From your mouth to .......:tup:

I hope to make it to the USC game. I would love for ND to kick Leisure....Uh, I mean USC's arse!!!
I think ND's defense will be much better in 2006.

Rick Minter usually needs about 2 years to get it going. It wasn't until his 2nd or 3rd year as the DC during the Lou Holtz era that ND's defense was rock solid and helped them keep opponents from scoring to play a big part in winning the National Championship.

The thing I like is that Weis is giving Minter complete defensive control. Charlie runs the offensive scheme and calls the plays into Quinn, but it's Minter's baby on the other side.
 

Buttmunch

Well-Known Member
#15
WonderSlug said:
I think ND's defense will be much better in 2006.

Rick Minter usually needs about 2 years to get it going. It wasn't until his 2nd or 3rd year as the DC during the Lou Holtz era that ND's defense was rock solid and helped them keep opponents from scoring to play a big part in winning the National Championship.

The thing I like is that Weis is giving Minter complete defensive control. Charlie runs the offensive scheme and calls the plays into Quinn, but it's Minter's baby on the other side.
We have talented DB's coming in like DW, but they'll need at least a year under their belts before they can get up to speed. Also, our LB situation isn't the greatest. I really think it's going to be a shootout with ND putting up a ton of points, but not being able to stop anyone.
 

Top