1090 Doing a Tailgate at the Fleet Game Sun Night

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Just a FYI for those going:

Heard on 1090 yesterday aft that 1090 is doing a tailgate party at the Fleet game Sun nite. Part of it is celebrating Scott Kaplan's birthday but mostly for the Fleet game. The Fleet CEO was on with them and gave it his blessing, I guess the Fleet were unsure about it at first but looks like they are fully on board and want the publicity.

In addition: They said the stadium view level will be closed so the stadium will seat 40K and they hope to attract 30K but are not sure as ticket sales have been picking up after the first weeks games. So endzone seats are 20.00. Parking is 20.00. 40.00 is cheapest one can get in for unless ridesharing.

I'm wondering why they are charging 20.00 for parking? Is that the going rate for any event now? Just curious. Seems like a lot, maybe they could have reduced that at least in the inaugural AAF season. I guess it's up to the city. Yikes. Still all in all, compared with the NFL a real bargain in terms of just price alone and being able to watch pro football. Talent might not be the greatest but the flow of the game blows the NFL right out of the water.

Reactions: SDRay

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Event parking can always be higher than other parking. Poor bastard Bolters need to spend $100.
But....it is an initmate experience, and LA hookers charge more.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Event parking can always be higher than other parking. Poor bastard Bolters need to spend $100.
But....it is an initmate experience, and LA hookers charge more.
yeah nothing close to the stooooopid 100.00 folks pay to go to the dumbass stubhub indignity center. That is a complete ripoff. Anyone doing that should submit to either a drug test or IQ test. Still, when parking is the same price as a ticket to the game one must ask questions. That is sort of silly....but it's the city having to pay for the facility am sure. Meh, still makes way more sense to attend that than paying 100.00 plus bloated ticket prices to see the ever-nonchampionship spanii chuggers.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
yeah nothing close to the stooooopid 100.00 folks pay to go to the dumbass stubhub indignity center. That is a complete ripoff. Anyone doing that should submit to either a drug test or IQ test. Still, when parking is the same price as a ticket to the game one must ask questions. That is sort of silly....but it's the city having to pay for the facility am sure. Meh, still makes way more sense to attend that than paying 100.00 plus bloated ticket prices to see the ever-nonchampionship spanii chuggers.
I would love to agree that people spending money to see the L.A. Spanoses need an IQ test, but L.A. Boltfan paid to see Spanos games and has already shown he is smarter than the rest of us. I was picking at about 67% in game predictions and thought that proved something. LABoltfan was picking at more than 80% if you didn't count the Spanos games he was losing on purpose. I am pretty sure he would score higher than the rest of us on an IQ test. He just has bad taste in sports fandom.

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
I spoke with a one of the Fleet's ticket sales people yesterday, and he told me that parking at SDCCU stadium is only 20 bucks, which is a lot better than the previous tenants...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I would love to agree that people spending money to see the L.A. Spanoses need an IQ test, but L.A. Boltfan paid to see Spanos games and has already shown he is smarter than the rest of us. I was picking at about 67% in game predictions and thought that proved something. LABoltfan was picking at more than 80% if you didn't count the Spanos games he was losing on purpose. I am pretty sure he would score higher than the rest of us on an IQ test. He just has bad taste in sports fandom.

He's not yet smart enough.

PosterFormerlyKnownAsCBF

Jun 25, 2006
I spoke with a one of the Fleet's ticket sales people yesterday, and he told me that parking at SDCCU stadium is only 20 bucks, which is a lot better than the previous tenants...
This is true. Parking cost $25 for Spankos games.

For Aztec games I think I paid $10 last year.

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
See you guys in parking lot M2, under the trolley bridge about 4 pillars east of the stadium trolley station. Bring friends, bring beer.